Monday, October 1, 2012

"225 Huntingdon"



This is my second painting of my proposed 100 count series of Savannah landscapes. I don't plan on doing 100 in a row, but enjoy painting them. Besides, I don't know anyone here willing to pose for me, and a building has no choice!
 
This is a home in my neighborhood, built in 1880. I walked up the steps to the home to read a bronze plaque by the door, thinking it had some historical information, but it only listed the year built and the architect's name. At first I thought it was a great gesture by the owners to give credit to the art of the builder. But later I wondered if the plaque was a vain gesture, installed by the architect himself to pat his own back. I guess I'll never know.
 
"225 Huntingdon, Savannah"
16" x 20"
Acrylic on Canvas
 
Unvainly, TONY


1 comment:

Wayne said...

Looks like a very cool neighborhood. Couldn't you just ask the current owners about the plaque?