Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Forsyth Park"






Forsyth Park is the largest park in Savannah, sitting in the heart of the city on 17 acres. The fountain is the most famous landmark here, dating back to 1848. Every other day, I walk my dogs through this park, up the middle towards the fountain, and then back down the western side, under spanish moss hanging in the many Oak trees, and alongside the late 1800's homes. I painted this from memory, and made sure to include the fountain, along with a "memorial to the Confederate dead".
 
I had to leave out many things in my painting, and only painted a fraction of this park. But I'm here four times a week, walking my little dogs past the bicycling art students, the tourists, the Jehovah witnesses, joggers and dogwalkers.
 
"Forsyth Park"
36" x 48"
Acrylic on Canvas


Happily, TONY

No comments: