Saturday, April 29, 2017

"Austrian Copper Rose"


I rarely take a canvas outside to draw or paint on, but I managed to take ten full steps out into my backyard and sit down and draw this rose bush that is now in full bloom. It's an old fashioned 5 petaled rose with no thorns, and is only 2' tall, but I'm sure it must be at least 20 years old.

I was thinking I needed to paint outside more, as the overpowering fragrance from the roses enveloped me. Then a huge bird flew overhead and dropped a huge pile of shit on me, and I went back inside, vowing never to paint outside again.

"Austrian Copper Rose"
15" x 30" x 3"
Acrylic on Canvas

All Cleaned Up Now, TONY


2 comments:

RIC said...

I guess I'm finally back, but I'm not that convinced yet: it seems so strange that I'm in the bloggosphere again...
Thank you so very much for your support all this time long I was away!
Hugs and best wishes! :-)

The Thunderbird said...

It is great to see you back ricky. I only hope that all is well -- the underlying things in your life.