Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Saturday Night Soup for the Soul (16)

Hope all is well with you. I am worn out, and sad, as the final days of my one year of mourning have begun. My sister died two years ago Sunday – was not even able to mourn her last year as my mom was dying during the same period of time. Tonight I remembered the events of this weekend one year ago, and two years ago.

I am leaving soon for a road trip south – my first vacation in four years. Oregon, and down to California to try and find myself, or perhaps lose myself.


1984 Moving to the state of Californication
I will be checking in WiFi permitting. Next week, Saturday Soup will be produced by a guest chef. I can promise you something very different from what I have served, and very, very tasty. "Cheers" from me to one and to all who read this post. And make sure that you all love one another.



Pull me out of the aircrash,
Pull me out of the lake,
'cause i'm your superhero,
we are standing on the edge.




A very good friend was almost killed yesterday in a red light run thru by an elderly speeder. His car is totaled, and he is banged up, but could have been dead. It is a wonder he got off as lightly as he did. He is the one taking in my mail and feeding my animals while I am gone. He is also the executer of my will.

Remember, Now, Be Here Now
As it's not like it was before.
The past, was, Be Here Now
As it's not like it was before - it was

This has left me in a strange and vacant mood – especially considering that I am about to take my first vacation in four years and hit the road. I hope to come back recharged and restored. May one person leave, and a different one return.

Alleluia.
May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
Remember me O lord, when you come into your kingdom.
Give rest O Lord to your handmaid, who has fallen asleep.
The choir of saints have found the well-spring of life,
and door of paradise.
Life: a shadow and a dream.
Weeping at the grave creates the song:
Alleluia.
Come, enjoy rewards and crowns I have prepared for you.

The music is offered without any explanation or commentary. Make of it what you will. I must take my leave now for a while. Au revoir, à demain.

All of this makes it's way into this week's soup. You can get your 31.2 Mb bowl of Saturday Night Soup for the Soul by clicking the jukebox.

6 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Hugs.And my deepest condolences.I just lost my dad in sept.I know how it hurts.
When someone close to us passes away,they continue to live on in our hearts.
Thanks for stopping by on my site.

A Lewis said...

Ahh, the loss of those close to us....is never, ever pleasant. As you know from reading my series last week, I am in mourning right along with you. Huge giant hugs and I wish you comfort and as much peace as you can hold.

Anonymous said...

You know me best as daveidusa but, of course the moniker lives in the past.

We must live our lives for ourselves first.

Congratulations as it seems you have always been able to do just that through difficult times as well as those not as difficult.

It has been almost 15 years since my Dad died. He lives on, as he was everything I ever wanted as a Father. Everything I'm trying to be to my own son.

As time moves forward the mourning is less intense but, we never stop missing them.

With that understanding, I wish you the best, and safe traveling. Look forward to your safe return.


Okay to delete the following:
Now publishing several blogs. Once I am able to decide which is best with coding, I will discontinue the others.

Robert said...

Oh Wilhelm. Stay strong through the 'unhappy' times... but I know you are.

Sorry to hear about your frined. Thank heaven he made it thru. I was just thinking today, live every day like our very last.

Take good care of yourself this weekend Wilhelm. You have friends down in SF? Be sure to take lots of pictures! :-) But I'm sure we'll get to talk before you leave! heh!

xoxo

BTW, I love your 'stinky' teeshirt! ehehe!

T-Bird said...

To everyone, thanks bunches. Yes I have friends in SF and one special friend who is my official "advisor, and nag". He is my Jewish friend, and always hits me with a side to things that is foreign to me – he sees me as chaotic and unruly and is always telling what he thinks I am doing that is nuts. Some friend? Well, actually, yes! He has such a great a good heart that he can criticize me on any topic. I trust him dearly. He is never intentionally mean. The most balanced and self disciplined person I shall ever meet. Will also see his lovely wife. His name is Hankenstein.

When I get back I will begin to clean up the house. I have let it go to hell and have not even begun to make a dent on clearing out my mothers things. I will give away most of it to charity. I will see her again, some day, someplace far, far away.

Anonymous said...

Good lord. Life has been so strange these past few weeks. I fade into my brain and emerge to find that things are feeling just as jumbled as I do. Is it this time of year that makes us so damned squirrelly? Or is it our lot to carry so many emotions around, that spring pushes them all to the top and we sometimes weep ourselves into the flowers of April?
Death and change are always so close, so near to us at any hour our whole life can erupt into a fountain of darkness. Spring must be the dirt we have to crawl up through to thrive. You've clearly had and have the strength and love to have made your life into the expression of beauty it is today. The art that you reveal to us every day.
Hugs mister,
kb