Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Do It Right"

 
This painting is about my journey from Los Angeles to Corrales, New Mexico, to my current home, and my impending trip and move to Savannah. Although I abstracted the whole thing so much, I don't think anyone would have a clue that that's what it's about.
 
My old L.A. apartment building is on the top left, the L.A. skyline and hillsides are on the top center and right. My moving truck can be seen if you look for the circle/tire to the right of the right ear. My Corrales place is to the left of the face, my current home in the bottom left, and my car that I'll be driving to Savannah in, is at the bottom center, with some abstracted Savannah buildings in the lower right.
 
If I didn't explain it, I know this painting would seem to be just an odd mesh of meaningless shapes. But I see the journey laid out in front of me, the past, present and future. In that vein, I painted over a 10 year old painting for this.
"Do It Right"
18" x 18"
Acrylic on Masonite
 
Movingly, El TONY

No comments: