Monday, September 3, 2012

"Beach Boys"

beach boys title.gif
After living in the heart of Savannah for more than two years, last week I realized there is another lifestyle here I was totally oblivious to. For the first time in my life, I went riding on a friend’s boat on a river, and suddenly realized there are thousands of people here living on the banks of the many rivers, all with docks and boats, and all tied to the water and the tides.
 
I’ve been on boats in the ocean many times, but never experienced anything quite like this with the constantly changing scenery, the different islands, the beautiful homes, the winding rivers and tributaries, and dolphins swimming up to the small boat.
 
Of course I didn’t see any lost tribe of naked orange boys waiting for us on the shoreline, but that’s what I drew and started painting as soon as I got home.


“Beach Boys”
24” x 36”
Acrylic on Canvas


Tribally, TONY

No comments: