Thursday, April 30, 2020

"Dogtown"








I painted something similar to this, in Los Angeles, about four years ago, but this painting has a totally different meaning to me. I'll always think of my last few weeks here in New Mexico when I look at this painting and see the emptied out home, the lack of paintings on the wall (represented by the "X" in the upper left corner), and the only thing I ever really liked about this house and painted regularly........the backyard and mountains. I've only got two dogs, not four, but they're the only things around me right now that I love. Everything else is boxed up, in the garage, and ready to be shipped off. It looks like that will happen in a month or two, so in the meantime I'll keep painting day and night and wait patiently.


"DogTown"
18"x24"
Acrylic on Canvas


Anxious to go already,TONY






No comments: