Thursday, April 30, 2020

Saturday Night Soup for the Soul (27)












hen we left off last week, I had just crossed the bridge over the mighty Columbia at The Dalles and crossed back into Washington state. From there, I cranked a hard right turn and continued east.




And here is another smooth and slippery Columbia River Swim Team member, Neal, shaving his handsome face baby smooth, so that he will not cause razor burn when he makes out tonight with the other team members at their weekly team sex party.




If you really love me baby
Better then stayin in bed
If you really love me baby,
nod your head

If you really love me baby
Til you fall down dead, he said
If you ever wanna make it,
nod your head


I fell in love with this rock, and the colors of the lichens growing on it. Damn: there you go if you need a color palate to redo your kitchen.




Lightning hits the house of wax
Poets spill out on the street
To set alight the incomplete
Remainders of the future






This Road Trip Diary staggers to a halt next week, and this blog goes onto summer hiatus until Labour Day, so that the band can take a well deserved break.






1. 222 is the latest from Paul McCartney released this past week from Memory Almost Full” .




2. Nod Your Head


3. House of Wax


4. It was a Very Good Year









All of this makes it's way into this week's soup. You can get your bowl of Saturday Night Soul for the Soul
by clicking the jukebox.

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

What! You're leaving us for several months? Well, alright. Everyone deserves a break. And you've done A LOT with your site this year. Thanks for all of it. Enjoy the summertime.

T-Bird said...

Yes Lewie, 'tis true. I am burned out and need to recharge (and re-roof my house and road trip to Idaho and meet friends who are flying into Portland in July and get new rugs upstairs and start to go thru mountains of stuff accumulated over decades, and my mom’s stuff, and give most of it away.



Then there is work....I need to become independently wealthy!



I just finished the soup. I have a bad habit of posting it as I work on it. Are you familiar with the Frank Sinatra song in the soup this week? Oh God it has a hold on me

at this moment of life.

"Fallen Warriors" is the theme for the soup next week.

RIC said...

Was that the mystery, Will?
Well, I don't feel so comfortable about the fact that you won't be around, but on the other hand I do understand that you need your Summer time to go through all those things you mention. I believe I should do the same...
Since I moved in here - almost a year and a half ago - I've been postponing a lot of work (reorganizing my library, for instance...). One of these days I'll regret not to have done before, but then again it will be too late... See how lazy I am?...
Thanks for your «delivery»! Most kind pf you!
Best wishes! :-)

T-Bird said...

==>Was that the mystery, Will?

Yes Ricky, it was!

==>Well, I don't feel so comfortable about the fact that you won't be around, but on the other hand I do understand that you need your Summer time to go through all those things you mention. I believe I should do the same...

I am sending you an email off line. Cheers!