Thursday, April 30, 2020

"The Doctor said it was just a phase (and that I'd grow out of it)"

One of our favorite bloggers, Lewis posted a story today about a childhood visit to a psycho shrink that was initiated by his concerned parents. His story made me think about how some parents (most?) want their children to become mirror images of themselves, instead of who they really are. This is usually a benign trait and normal I think (to a point), but taken to extremes it can even destroy a child. I have seen this occur. Suicides by young gay teens when their parents reject them, and cast them out into the cold. The first guy I ever had any gay experiences with, later took that path, in NYC, in the Chelsea Hotel.

Praise be that little Louie grew up to be a happily wigged out and blissfully partnered gay man.

By the powers vested in us, we hereby bestow upon Lewis, the official status of ‘Certified Gay’.

Biffy, our young representative (shown below at attention) will be personally delivering your award to you and to your partner.

8 comments:

A Lewis said...

Oh my god, you are too funny.....and WAY too creative. When does that award arrive....I'll need to get hubby home first. thanks for the cool message of being the great individuals that we've become (will become??).

T-Bird said...

I just finished up testing the award to make sure it is in perfect working condition (he is). He should arrive by five PM!

T-Bird said...

You know, this is a funny post now that I step back and look at it in it't totality.

Anonymous said...

May I have an award too sir?

T-Bird said...

Yes. A round of awards for everyone!

Robert said...

I don't need to be in first place... I don't even need to win.. oh hell I don't even need to touch it, I just want to see it! ehehe!

You took the most adorable picture of Lewis! Awh! Su-weet!!!

Hope you're having a great weekend Wilhelm!! xoxo

D-Man said...

Certify me baby, yeah CERTIFY me. Oh yeah... right... there...

T-Bird said...

d-man be certified!