Sunday, May 10, 2020

My VaCaTiOn lAsTeD TwO hOuRs AnD tHiRtY sEvEn MiNuTeS


Yes, you read that correctly. Two hours, and thirty seven minutes is how long my vacation lasted before I was called back in to continue working on the project that has no end. I am beginning to warm up to the idea of an asylum.

My boss's boss called me at 9:37 this morning, him speaking on a speaker phone so I did not know who else was listening (oh I hate that -- you have to watch your every word). He spoke as if I had already had a month off and it was time to get back to the next phase of something I worked like crazy on all this past week. He wanted me in all next week and I negotiated Wednesday (the business is closed Thursday and Friday for Good Friday break).

So at six PM I am walking along the waterfront trying to wake my body back up, and who pops out of a restaurant doorway, but HIM! Without losing a beat he says "You can run but you cannot hide. See you Wednesday morning in my office".


So now I will leave this afternoon, after I pick up little Misha from her twice yearly beauty parlor makeover (yes, I get my cats groomed). Will probably go to Portland or to Eugene, or Yakima, or ???. Sunday I will travel thru Central Oregon to Bend, or thru ??? to ????. Monday or Tuesday I come back home. Whoopee.




9 comments:

A Lewis said...

Okay, let's see:
1. You're in the tub
2. With your clothes on
3. No water running
4. No towel to dry off
5. Taking a photo
6. What's up?

T-Bird said...

Oh heck if I know. I have four more from this shoot with four other people joining me. I think it was 1982...

Robert said...

NiCe BiG wIdE tUb, NoW wHeRe ArE tHe NaKeD pIcTuReS?!? aHaHa!

Whew, that was hard to type out! Anyway, WTF? So your vacation plan is shot to hell? Give us the details! That reeks!! That's awful, you shouldn't have answered your page!

Sorry about that Wilhelm! :-(

Anonymous said...

Wil- Not fair!!!! Hopefully, you'll be able to take this trip, soon.

Is there really no end to this project or, have you become more of a neccessity to the project because your boss has given notice?

Either way, no fair!

T-Bird said...

Well, there is no on in my department who could even do 10 percent of the types of things i know how to do: build apps for crunching largs amounts of data so as to allow analysis, trending, anmd presentation of information based on the data.

This is the boss of teh boss who is leaving. Thank god I am fond of both of them.

Wayne said...

This is exactly why I'm still self-employed. No benefits, no paid vacations, no health ins. No paid sick days. But, no one tells me when I have to work.
Except my customers of course.

T-Bird said...

oh wayne thats ounds good to me now. I go back for what is supposed to bhe one hour and it is eight hours non stop w/o breaks or lunch.

d.K. said...

I haven't had a vacation in a looong time, because I took some family leave last summer when my mother was ill, and went into the hole. Still, it's not so bad knowing I can't take a vacation. It would be SOOO much worse to be planning one and then have it axed. That happened to me, once, in the Army, over 20 years ago, and I'm still angry about it. Good luck!

T-Bird said...

Oh boy, sounds like my story. I used mine the past two years to help my sister (2005) and them my mother (2006) to die. Tonight is the one year annaversary that the final medical mistake finished my mother off. I was in ER until 4 AM, and drove home, somehow, crying so hard that i could not see. I came into the house and kept saying outlound ot the cats "they killed Grandma". And so they did.